There is nothing more important than protecting your children. Child custody disputes can escalate quickly and turn nasty fast. Often in child custody cases the one who hires a private investigator is the one who wins. Information is a powerful tool when it comes to securing your parental rights. As New York City private investigators it is our goal to help you protect the physical, financial and emotional well-being of your child in child custody disputes.
3 Reasons You Need a Child Custody Private Investigator in NYC?
#1 – Child custody cases are highly disputed. When parents can not come to a mutually agreeable arrangement it is left to the courts to decide what is in the “best interest” of the child. The information that your NYC private investigator helps compile could be the deciding factor in your case.
#2 – If you suspect your child is a victim of abuse or neglect, emotions run high. A third party is often helpful when it comes to evaluating a situation with “a fresh set of eyes”. Plus, time is paramount. You need convincing evidence in order to compel law enforcement to intervene on your child’s behalf.
#3- Child custody investigations are complex. Judges need to be certain they are making decisions in the best interest of the child/children. Without solid proof you jeopardize losing primary custody or in some cases even visitation. You can help the courts make the best ruling when your private investigator is able to provide concrete evidence that supports your position.
What Do Investigators Consider In Child Custody Investigations?
North American Investigations takes many things into consideration when handling child custody investigations in New York City. When attempting to prove neglect, abuse, or to obtain visitation rights for our clients, we consider things such as:
- Stability lifestyle, health and schedules of the parents.
- Who is the parent associating with? Are they safe to be around the child?
- The care and affection shown to the child by the parents.
- Are there domestic violence or other complaints against a parent?
- Abduction or abandonment of the child.
- The past and current conduct of the parents.
- Evidence of alcohol or drug abuse of a parent.
- The overall home atmosphere of the parents.
- The financial standing of the parents.
- The ability to provide necessities, such as food, shelter and education.
- Criminal records and involvement in any criminal activity or association past or present.
- Evidence of abuse or neglect.
Bad behavior in any of these areas can be a reason for a father or mother to lose custody of a child.
Child Custody and Visitation Investigations
The thought of losing your child/children in a custody dispute is devastating. You have a responsibility to provide the best environment possible for your child. Divorce proceedings are on the rise and millions of children find themselves used as pawns in legal battles. Information and evidence can help you protect your child from being subjected to visitation or custody with an unfit parent. It is the parents’ responsibility to manage their children’s growth and development even though the marriage ends. Make sure you take action to prepare for your child custody investigation.